[Techtalk] Funky Modules Problem

Julie jockgrrl at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 21 13:48:18 EST 2002

Julie wrote:

> Greets,
>
> I just upgraded to the 2.4.18 kernel.  Suddenly most of my
> modules aren't getting automatically loaded and worst of all,
> the IDE-SCSI emulation isn't preventing my CD-ROM burning
> from becoming an IDE (/dev/hdd) device.  I think that's
> because the ide-scsi modules isn't getting loaded.

That should read "IS preventing".

> Did something change in the processing of /etc/modules.conf
> for 2.4.18?

Oh, and I did rebuild all the modules, move them to the correct
location and recite the appropriate "depmod" magic.  The modules
will load, but in the case of the CD burner, it's too late
because the IDE code has already grabbed /dev/hdd and called
it an IDE drive.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
jockgrrl at austin.rr.com                 or nothing at all.