[Techtalk] website overhaul/broken links

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Fri Jul 19 21:31:41 EST 2002

On Friday 19 July 2002 10:08 am, Carla Schroder wrote:

> How practical is it, when giving a large, complex Website a complete
> overhaul and re-design, to find a way to not break all the links?

It depends on how the site is designed. It doesn't have to be that difficult.
For the small website I admin, I just built a redirect file for all the
obvious ones, and then I got through the 404 log every so often and add any I
missed to the file.

--
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
- Leonardo da Vinci

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>
<< ----- PGP: envelopes for email - www.pgp.com www.gnupg.org ----- >>