[Techtalk] Xwindows/KDE keyboard troubles

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Fri Jul 19 15:31:52 EST 2002

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 01:02:11AM -0400, James wrote:
> When I'm inside of X, and I type, the keys seem highly, highly
> oversensitive.
>
> Is there any way to change the keyboard sensitivity settings?

I am assuming you mean that keypresses start autorepeating too quickly
(like maybe after only a millisecond or so).

Have a look at the xset manual page, in particular the 'r' option and
the 'rate' parameter to that (requires the XKB extension). If you are
using something like GNOME or KDE, there will also be a way to control
the delay before autorepeat and the rate of autorepeat via the
respective control panels.

Cheers,
Malcolm