[Issues] Re: [Techtalk] activists, a mission for you!

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 16 14:35:52 EST 2002

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:16:23AM +0000, Carla Schroder wrote:

> What we really need are more TLDs- it's absolutely silly the way it is now.
> It creates an artificial shortage of domain names, which props up monoplistic
> monsters like Network Solutions.

It's even sillier considering that anybody can set up their own DNS
server and make up whatever TLDs they want. :)  You might be interested
in checking out alternate DNS roots like OpenNIC
<http://www.opennic.unrated.net/> or AlterNIC <http://www.alternic.org/>.

--
Cliff Crawford                   ::                   cjc26 at cornell dot edu
It goes against the grain of modern education to teach children to program.