[Techtalk] DocBook SGML to PDF conversion

Dushyanth Harinath dushy at symonds.net
Wed Jul 10 17:58:47 EST 2002

Hi folks,

Iam trying to convert an SGML document to PDF format. Iam able to
convert the SGML document to chunked and non chunked html but not to
PDF. The commands iam using are below.

dushy at ghost~/doc/book> openjade -t tex -d  \
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.64/print/docbook.dsl \
doc.sgml

This creates the doc.tex file nicely.

dushy at ghost~/doc/book> pdfjadetex doc.tex
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)
(doc.tex[/usr/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg]
JadeTeX 1999/06/29: 2.7
Your file was generated by Jade TeX backend version 3
- these macros are for version 2.  I'll stop here... )
No pages of output.
Transcript written on doc.log.

Iam on slackware 8.0, Installed the sgml-tools,tetex and tetex-bin
package from the current source tree.

My SGML doc is huge, will post the generic template if needed.

Any ideas, pointers to doc's, suggestions,
TIA
dushyanth
--
BREAKFAST.COM Halted...Cereal Port Not Responding

http://symonds.net/~dushy