[Techtalk] Setting up a Linux system in Hebrew

caitlynmaire at earthlink.net caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 5 13:34:43 EST 2002

Hi, everyone,

Erev tov.

Josephine's question about setting up a Hebrew Windows system inspired
me, I guess :)  I have a system I can free up and I would like to set it
up using Red Hat Linux 7.3 (with applicable patches and upgrades), KDE
3.0.1, and set it up for an Israeli locale and Hebrew default language.
I want as absolutely much to be in Hebrew as is possible in the current
state of Linux application development.

I know about Mozilla and kmail, obviously, but I am looking to go way
beyond that.  Any advice about, caveats, or pointers to setting up a
localized Hebrew system, and any recommendations about which
applications I should look at would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

All the best,
Caity