[Techtalk] What do you do with old computers?

Sonja Krause-Harder skh at addcom.de
Sat Jan 26 11:46:34 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 11:04:16PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:

> That will be very tight (540 MB). But you can do it. You may need to

I just remembered my first home-build unixoid, a MacII with 4MB RAM
and 80MB HD. I put NetBSD on it, and it could boot _and_ run perl.
(Hey, that was something to be proud of! ;))
There was no space for anything else on the disk, and after some
playing around and admiring My First Commandline, it has been waiting
for a larger HD to happen, which never did.

Now, this machine was old when I did this, but now it is ancient :)
Nevertheless, it is a working computer, so I can't just throw it out.
(I have trouble getting rid of broken ones, though I'm pretty much
clueless with hardware). Do you also have oldies like that at home,
and do you use them for anything?

Just curious ;-)

Sonja