[Techtalk] help!

James james at james-web.net
Fri Jan 25 22:52:42 EST 2002

If fsck was on your rescue media, you should be able to umount your
/dev/hdx then fsck /dev/hdx.

I think I have done fsck on a mounted fs before.  But it was a dire
situation so it was like "Either way, we are screwed" and I did it.  It
fixed it, iirc.  I ended up reinstalling everything later however and
then dismantling the server.

But ask a smart person before you do anything.  My mind is elsewhere at
the moment (Net Ionic Equations).

- James