[Techtalk] Help with procmail and $MATCH - Possible recipe.

Mary Gardiner linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu Jan 17 23:51:13 EST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 09:50:09AM +1100, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> OK, this appears to work:
>
> :0
> * ^TOlinuxchix
> {
>       :0:
>       * ^TO\/[A-Za-z]+
>       Tech/Linux/Linuxchix/$MATCH/
>
>       :0:
>       Tech/Linux/Linuxchix/
> }

OK, this is fine for any mail that is sent to no other recipient except
for the list itself. But I started getting a whole lot of folders named,
for example, Tech/Linux/Linuxchix/Michelle because the first recipient
was named Michelle.

So now I have:
:0
* ^TOlinuxchix
{
      :0:

      :0:
      Tech/Linux/Linuxchix/
}

because Mailman puts an X-BeenThere header with the list name (eg
because we now have grrls-only - the list with a non-alphabetic title :)

However, I used to use the famous duplicate-nuking recipe (that destroys any
message with an identical Message-ID to the last two or three hundred), which
means that if the personal copy arrived first I got one without the
X-BeenThere. So I had to delete the nuke-dupes recipe, which means that I now
get both copies of mails if people mail a list and Cc: me.

The price we pay :)

-Mary.

--
Mary Gardiner