[Techtalk] Theory vs. practice

Xp0nential Xp0nential Xp0nential at root-core.com
Mon Jan 14 00:44:49 EST 2002

Hey All @-@

>Yes, but programmers aren't being taught how to avoid these coding
>errors, or what errors to avoid.

Very true. In the academic environment there are few schools (if there
are any) who actually have a course that deals with code security.
Because of that,this is something that you have to learn by yourself.
That's why participating in coding projects (open source) helps learning
about those stuff. That's at least from my own experience.

>Theory is more oriented towards "What is the
>security policy of the system and how do I know it is the right
>one?"

That's not the type of security "theory" I had on mind.
Its not just policy , its theory behind how things work whether
protocols or attack methods, code vulnerabilities ...

blaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Xp0nential