[Techtalk] Security course

Julie jockgrrl at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 12 08:39:14 EST 2002

Jenn Vesperman wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-01-12 at 12:54, Julie wrote:
>
> > Security is fun stuff.  Are people more interested in the "theory"
> > part of security or the "I wanna keep the hackers out of my box"
> > part?  My forte' is more towards the theory end and less towards
> > the practical end.
>
> I tend to absorb theory better than practical, then wind up having to
> grope my way around the practical. Even if someone tries to -start- me
> on the prac!

Okay, sounds like I'll leave practice to Raven and Caitlyn and
I'll take the theory side along with anyone else who wants to
get involved.

For those who don't know already, I'm the AIX Base Security lead
and also the original author of Shadow.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
jockgrrl at austin.rr.com                 or nothing at all.