[Techtalk] USB hardware question

Michael Carson mikecarson at usa.net
Fri Jan 11 14:51:21 EST 2002

    Thanks, I can get the info from dmesg.  Suprisingly I found that the
info is not in /var/log/dmesg; I always assumed they had the same info.
 From looking at the timestamps of files in /var/log, the only place it
might be found is messages.  I found that the device for the serial
adapter is printed there (I don't remember seeing it there before, if
that's because I missed it, or because I'm running a newer kernel is
something I'm unwilling to reboot to find out.).  The SCSI emulated
devices are listed in dmesg only.  I've run out of USB toys in the
office to play with - I'll find out what other things do later.
    So, Laurel, thank you for your help, it seems dmesg is the way to go
for me.

C.