[Techtalk] C programming "course"

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-yhogroups at otherkin.net
Wed Jan 9 22:46:55 EST 2002

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 09:33 pm, Julie wrote:

> > I'd recommend against trying to learn from K&R. Have a copy as reference,
> > yes, it's very good at that. It's not easy to learn from though (tried
> > that one myself).

> Millions of years ago, while the earth was still warm and dinosaurs
> roamed the planet, that's all there was.

I know, but as I was born after the CT extinction, I actually found a couple
of other reference books. :)

> My experience is that there
> is no substitute for actually programming and looking at code written
> by more experienced programmers.

I'd argue that a good tutor can be better at looking at other people's code.
Most code is not self explanatory if you don't understand the language yet.

Is there a C equvalent of the "more effective C++" books? Those I find very
useful.

--
I don't sleep so I don't dream
So I don't wake up frightened

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>