[Techtalk] C programming "course"

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Wed Jan 9 18:52:51 EST 2002

Hi Folks,

OK, I want to (re)learn C Programming. A thread started on issues which
lead to me talking about "courses" or groups that get together and
basically learn the same stuff. The idea is that we have more of a
structure to learn it than doing it ourselves, but we don't have to go to
class and pay tuition.

My proposal: a group of people who want to learn C from the beginning.
Eventually, I'd like us to move to algorithms and data structures. I don't
know what a critical mass would be, but I imagine if even 4 or 5 of us were
to do it, that would be enough.

Book: How about starting with the classic, Kernighan and Ritchie? Another
possibility: Practical C Programming (O'Rielly). Other book ideas?

Pace: Kinda slow. I'm really busy, so I can't do a whole lot too fast. Like
2 chapters a week, maybe?

We also need a C guru to help out. Not to write anything (unless you want
to) but just be around to answer questions that we can't collectively
answer ourselves.

So, if you are interested, either in taking the course or being the guru,
e-mail me, and I'll get things set up.

Also, if others have other ideas for courses, that would be cool, and all
we'd need is point people to be the coordinator for individual courses.

.Michelle

Michelle Murrain
tech at murrain.net
AIM:pearlbear0