[Techtalk] Re:Misc Mouse query

Rebecca J. Walter rjp at mail.tele.dk
Mon Jan 7 11:59:19 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 04:21, Akkana wrote:
> Raena Lea-Shannon writes:
> > YaST2 seems to take a 2 buttonmouse at face value. I tried editing in
> > /etc/X11/XF86Config file but it will not let you edit it. It tells you
> > this at the beginning para.
>
> One problem we've had with SuSE is that SAX always wants to set the
> mouse to imps/2, which doesn't always work (I've seen it cause problems
> with 2-button ALPS trackpads in laptops and also with generic
> Logitech-compatible 3-button mice).  Editing XFree86.conf and
> changing "IMPS/2" to "PS/2" has made things work much better on
> several of our machines.  Worth a try ...

IF you edit config files in SuSE.. you have to NEVER run SaX or YaST
again.  They automatically reset the config files or something weird
like that every time you rerun them.  Using SaX2 to make the change is
probably a better idea unless you intend to throw out all the tools. (in
which case, there isn't much point in installing SuSE.. take something
friendlier to editting the config files)