[Techtalk] compilers

Walt pippin at fred.net
Thu Jan 3 19:23:56 EST 2002

I use the JSDK ( from http://java.sun.com ) for
Linux fairly often and, naturally, it works quite
well... (That is the only way I can call myself
a Linux programmer. :-)

As for an IDE... NetBeans ( http://www.netbeans.org )
is what I've been using to develop an RMI
servlet with GUI client interface. I've been
working, for the most part, on windows, but I
have run it on linux and it seems to work
identically (and performance _seemed_ to be
a little better). It's the open-source foundation
(if I understand correctly) for Sun's Forte for
Java IDE http://java.sun.com (Which is
also available for free in a "Community Edition," btw)

FWIW, YMMV, etc.
Walt

-~

Variable signature disabled until further notice.