[Techtalk] addressbook/calendar on Linux server + Win on desktop + PDA

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at theneteffect.com
Thu Jan 3 11:32:00 EST 2002

> Gnome has palm syncing built in to recent versions -- if you bring up

This is interesting; I didn't realize this much PDA work had been done.
But won't this work only if the client is using Linux on his desktop?  In
this office, all the network PCs are Windows, with only the server running
Linux.  I need a network application with an addressbook and calendar for
all users, that the owner of the business can sync to a PDA off his Win
desktop.  The server will be running headless in an out-of-the-way spot.
I figured something browser-based like phpgroupware would be my best bet,
but can't seem to find one of those that PDA syncing built in already.

> There's a fairly active (but not high traffic) pilot-unix mailing list,
> linked off pilot-link.org (which also mentions an IRC channel).

Thanks, will go there next.

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196