[Techtalk] Mail tricks

Jennifer Davis jsd at jenn.ca
Wed Jan 2 12:57:01 EST 2002

Wow, the post I wrote about my holidays seems to have a life of its own.
As far as text based email clients go, I haven't found anything that I
like better than pine.  I've used it since 1993 when I used my 286 to dial
up to the university I went to.  Back then the only ISP in the whole city
was the university so there weren't too many people to write to.

Anyhow, regarding email tricks, I was just wondering, I was trying to
write a script that takes ps files and converts them to pdf.  ps2pdf is
great for that, as far as I can tell.  What I would like to do is show off
OS software to my co workers by setting up some sort of thing that would
receive postscript files by email, then run ps2pdf on them and email them
back.  I haven't got a clue where to begin with this.  Is there any
reference I should look at.  I use sendmail with slack 8.

Thanks again

Jenn