[Techtalk] Question on distro....

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Tue Feb 26 10:26:27 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 08:55, Ms. Piglet wrote:

> I'm *thinking* that where I want to go is Debian potato, but I wanted to ask
> and see if I'm missing something.  When I was working, my main desktop was
> running Corel which is Debian anyhow, so I guess I'm biased that direction
> already....

I suspect that almost noone on newchix knew the answer. I did see it on
newchix,  but deliberately waited to see if someone newer would answer -
and then got distracted and forgot about it. Sorry!

We've just recycled a Toshiba Satellite 100CS, 80Meg hard disk, chip
about the same era, about the same RAM. (I forget the details).

It has Debian on it, woody with a hint of sid (I wanted Evolution for
mail). That filled the HD - we've been sent a recycled 3Gig drive from
another geek, which we'll replace the current drive with.

potato would probably be fine, but I don't know for -certain-. Only that
woody/sid was fine for our Toshiba, or will be once the new drive
arrives.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/