[Techtalk] Accessing Outlook mail folders from Linux?

Erin Mulder meara99 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 11:19:13 EST 2002

Does anyone know of any linux mail programs which can
work out of the Outlook-style mail folders on my windows
partition?

I have a dual-boot laptop that needs to spend at least half
of its time in Windows so that I can use a few Win-only
applications.

Currently, all my mail archives, filters, etc. are set up in
Outlook Express, and I must confess that I rather like it
and would prefer to continue using that to access mail when
I'm in Windows.

Yet I'm afraid that if I don't find a way to integrate my mail
folders (and have to just set kMail to not delete from the
server), then I won't want to spend long periods booted
to Linux for fear that I'll overrun my rather small mail quota
on the remote mail server.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Erin