Friendly and unfriendly user groups (Re: [Techtalk] Mailserver against Yahoo)

Mary linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Feb 19 17:07:07 EST 2002

Moving off-topic, reply to grrltalk only please.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 09:09:19PM -0800, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Do Postfix. It is secure, stable, and easy to configure. The Postfix
> discussion list is populated by helpful humans. qmail, which is a very
> nice program, is less user-friendly, and the mail list is dominated by
> freaks, flamers, and psychotics. Requests for help are flamed and
> reamed. The qmail list is so notorious there's even a Yahoo group
> devoted to the Worst of qmail:

:-)

It's astonishing how user groups are either sane, rational and helpful
or completely crazy. I've never seen anyone make a choice of product
based on it before, but I can understand it. Deb did think it scared
people off Linux - hence LinuxChix :-)

-Mary.

--
Mary