[Techtalk] Recommending Kid Computer Stuff

Amanda amanda5 at sonic.net
Mon Feb 18 01:07:46 EST 2002

Depending on the child (kid) they may like the LEGO Spieberg Movie Making
Set (I think that's it name or close to it).  My 12 year old son has made
several stop motion animated movies with sound and titles.  Great stuff.
Very creative.  He's used his GI Joe dolls I mean "action figures" along
with Gundam things and dynasors as actors.  We had to work together to set
it up and I showed him how to read and understand the manual.  At the
moment it only works on Windows 98 or Me.  By the way it comes with a web
cam.  It does not run on XP or Linux, yet.

We haven't gotten around to trying the LEGO Robot Mindstorm Set yet.

As a 7th grader his computer class has taken him through building a web
based business.  They've had to use Word, Excel, Power Point and Access to
build a client list, make letters, calculate expenses and profits.  They've
created a web site to advertise their products.  Its all very amazing.

amanda5