[Techtalk] 101 hardware buying

April april at farstrider.org
Mon Feb 4 11:02:13 EST 2002

Could anyone give me some recommendations on basic hardware comparisons, explanations, etc. sites?

For example, I know I need a motherboard.  I do not know what motherboard brands are better than others, what half the stats mean, or what motherboards are compatible with what.  And I'd rather not leave it up to the seller to tell me "if it'll work".  Just a personal preference, lol.

I've tried searches, but I'm just getting irrelevant mailing list results and e-stores.