[Techtalk] OT Solaris question: Legato errors without Legato

Caitlyn M. Martin cmartin at rateintegration.com
Thu Dec 26 11:37:29 EST 2002

Hi, everyone,

I have an off topic Solaris question, but this is the best technical
group I know of, so I thought I'd ask here.

I am getting the following repeated errors since one of our database
servers was brought down during the recent ice storm:

Dec 26 09:52:46 philip root: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] Legato Storage
Manager media: (critical) backup to pool 'Default' waiting for 1
writable backup tape(s)
Dec 26 09:52:46 philip root: [ID 702911 local0.alert] Legato Storage
Manager media: (critical) backup to pool 'Default' waiting for 1
writable backup tape(s)

Well... we don't use Legato and never have.  We don't even have a tape
drive in phillip.  I tried to research this on the web and found a lot
of references to Informix and Oracle, so I assume this is part of the
Oracle 8.1.7.3 installation on Phillip.  This is an installation I
inherited.  I have no such issues where I installed Oracle.

I've loooked through the various processes running on the box and I
can't find one that is clearly legato to stop.  I've looked at the
startup scripts and I don't see one for legato or anything like it
either.

Does anyone have any clues how I shutdown the Legato Storage Manager,
hopefully permanently?

Thanks,
Caity