[Techtalk] rsync problem copying directory from local machine to server

k.clair kclair at serve.com
Wed Dec 18 13:54:22 EST 2002

Well, I've read much documentation trying to debug this, and I just
can't figure out what the problem is. It seems like I'm doing the exact
same thing that all of the examples show which show copying from the
local host to a remote server, but it's just not finding any files to
put in to the list. I've also tried using "/*" instead of "/" and "/*/"
as well (that last one was kind of a desperate resort).

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the problem is that there
are no files in the module directory on the server, but I can't find any
documentation to support this theory, so I've been hoping someone knows
something really in depth about rsync to confirm or deny it.

thanks,
Kristina