[Techtalk] CPU benchmark database?

Alvin Goats agoats at compuserve.com
Wed Dec 18 01:56:42 EST 2002

One place to look:

http://top500.org/lists/linpack.php

This is the top 500 supercomputers in the world list. They use LINPACK
for the benchmarking. There's a link in the page to netlib where you
should be able to get the source and compile on your PC. I can't
remember exactly where, but there is a comparison of your results with
the fastest and other machines in your similar class category.

At least it used to do this ;)   I did it a few years ago and cheered
the results of my 333MHz Celeron II using Linux, and cried at where it
ranked on the fastest.

Alvin