[Techtalk] multiple domains, single server

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Wed Dec 11 20:01:13 EST 2002

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 04:22 pm, Mary wrote:

> > If you read the original post, it clearly states that the domains have
> > seperate IPs. Otherwise the whole issue would indeed be as pointless as
> > you say.
> We can assume you control the reverse then? (Many people will assume by
> default that you can't.)

Yes (well, my upstream provider does but will happily change them to anything
I have control over). Having two IPs would imply they resolve to seperate
addresses I would have thought anyway. (Even if it's just the
arpW.X.Y.Z.router.provider.net that mine defaults to).

> So it seems from my research that what you need to do is install two
> different copies of qmail, each with the fixed IP patch applied.

Thanks. Especially for the links.

I'm not particularly attached to qmail if there's an easier way of doing it
with another mail server. (Rebuilding and reinstalling qmail is not one of my
favourite activities, but the patches linked don't seem too bad).