[Techtalk] Window Managers ... again

BUNTER MATTHEW Matthew.Bunter at renaultvi.com
Wed Aug 28 15:02:00 EST 2002

--- Reçu de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             28/08/02 15.02

All,

I'm trying to find a Window Manager for my laptop that :

a) isn't too resource hungry (2.5M graphics card, P500 with 128M RAM).

b) is for the users who don't like to use the mouse much. I would like to
keep my hands on the keyboard as much as possible.

and finally

c) is fairly 'pretty'. I read a lot of pdfs and have found minimalist
window managers don't display images and diagrams very well.

The reason I put in the last one is 'cos I found ratpoison
(http://ratpoison.sourceforge.net/) and it seems just a bit too minimalist
for me. I had a look at Ion (http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/) and it
doesn't seem bad but would like advice before trying.

Regards,

Matt (who watched Windows take TWO HOURS to defrag a 40G disk last night in
preparation for Mandrake 8.2 onto his PC - not impressed - will try the
install tonight)

  -> TECHTALK(a)LINUXCHIX.ORG