[Techtalk] Simply Hardware-It's Baack

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 25 17:35:13 EST 2002

Hi All.

	With some really nice peoples help, here on the list, my new
box is up and running. Not yet with the Silcon Express raid.)-:  WoW
it's a huge speed improvement over my 1995 Macintosh. Some of you may
notice this note is written on my Mac, it will take a while to move.
My understanding of the boot process is much improved, thank you.

	Two questions:
	I want to put on a second monitor.(The two monitor Mac
spoiled me) Mandrake 2.4.3, AMD 1.4, 256DDR, TNT2-AGP, Second
graphic's card to be Nivdia-PCI, SystemBoard. KDE or Gnome, is either
better for this?
	What should I expect after installing the PCI card? It has a
APG running now and I selected "both" PCI and AGP in bios set-up. Is
two monitors a big problem like on windoz PC's a few years ago?

	RAID advice wanted (still). I installed the PCI Silicon
Express ATA 133 with cables & drives attached. It got to mBoard bios
set-up and I configured the bios for the raid card, then, as before,
all hung there, it simply stops here. Resetting and changing various
bios setting makes no difference. The drives are recognized in bios
as a raid unit or separately. With the raid card IN, it simply will
not move on to boot!  You are welcome to forward this  paragraph to
anyone whom you think might be willing to help.
--

	    Have a nice Day!,
		Andrew