[Techtalk] Debian and sources

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Sun Aug 18 20:10:11 EST 2002

On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 10:29:39PM -0700, Nicole Zimmerman wrote:

> At 09:54 on Aug 18, Kathryn Andersen combined all the right letters to say:
>
> > > dch -i will increment
> > > dch -v will allow you to change to a new version.
> >
> > Um, I can't seem to find this anywhere... what package is it in, so I
> > can install it?
>
> devscripts: /usr/bin/dch
>
> apt-get install devscripts :o)

Thanks folks!

In all this looking, I found apt-build, which looked as if it was what I
wanted, but I couldn't get it to work (specifically, it kept on saying
that it couldn't find the thing I wanted to build:
        Sorry, couldn't find wml or wml is already installed
but even when I removed wml, it still couldn't find it!
What a washout! (sigh)

Kathryn Andersen