[Techtalk] more progress on Thinkpad 600E sound

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Fri Aug 16 21:38:35 EST 2002

okay... this is where i've got so far:

had a friend look at my sound problems on sunday. looks like
the kernel loads the modules fine, lsmod shows me that all the modules are
there quite happily, but if i do cat /proc/interrupts i have no sound device
showing. weird....

i'm going to try the new rc3 of ALSA 0.9, which apparently has a fix for
mandrake configuration.... not sure if its going to help this particular
problem though. interestingly i've had the same trouble on my desktop, where
i'm also running mandrake and using an AWE 64 and a Turtle
beach pinnacle. The AWE64 autoconfigures fine, but the Turtle beach card
doesnt show up in /proc/interrupts at all. i've had both running successfully
under Mandrake 8.0 - it was only since 8.1 that i've experienced these
problems - i'd assumed it was due to me having too many bits of hardware
jammed into the desktop machine, until i found the same problem happening on
my laptop.... now it smells fishy....

anyone got any ideas?

thankx in advance
miriam

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk