[Techtalk] Batch image resizing

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Aug 16 10:14:25 EST 2002

Scott writes:
> Can anyone direct me to a program that will batch resize images?

I have a script I wrote called "resizeall" that uses programs from
the netpbm package, namely djpeg, pnmscale, and cjpeg.  (It currently
only works for jpeg; I've been meaning to rewrite it to use Convert
from ImageMagick (which I didn't know about when I first wrote
resizeall) so it will handle different file types.)

You say something like:
  resizeall -scale .5 *.jpg
or
  resizeall -size 500 *.jpg
(the argument to -size refers to the larger of the two dimensions.)

You can get it and other image-processing scripts at:
http://shallowsky.com/software/imagebatch.html

	...Akkana