[Techtalk] Batch image resizing

Sophie sophie at cats.meow.at
Fri Aug 16 14:36:52 EST 2002

On Fri, Aug/16/02 08:16:34AM -0400, Scott wrote:
> Can anyone direct me to a program that will batch resize images?

I use convert. I think it came with ImageMagick, I'm not sure. Something like this (zsh shell), for creating thumbnails:

	$ for i in *; convert -crop 80x80% -contrast -geometry x118 -sharpen 30 $i $i

Or to resize an image:

	$ convert -geometry 640x480 foo.jpeg foo.jpeg

You should sharpen a little though, if you're scaling down. Also, I rember seeing some filters implemented using stdio, so you could pipe things too, but I cant rember the name.

- sophie