[Techtalk] Website Building Program For Dummies (me)

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Thu Aug 15 10:22:54 EST 2002

mia:
> I mean 'reduce jpgs/gifs/pngs to the smallest possible file size while
> retaining as much image quality as possible'.

Ah, so you're comparing final compression size to an image quality metric
and find gimp wanting (either/or) contains less information at the same
size and is larger with the same information?
	Would I be correct in assuming you're comparing jpeg/jpeg, gif/gif
for sure, but are there any other file types you've tested as well?
	I'd love to be able to run those tests myself. Can you describe
the methods/tools, even roughly, to give me a pointer?
	Of course, the more help the better!