[Techtalk] Day 3, no Windows

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Thu Aug 15 10:45:27 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 10:21, Scott wrote:
> Okay gang, inspired by last weekend's thread about replacing Windows
> entirely I have been running Linux only for 3 days and am happy to
> report that life is better :)

That is so awesome, Scott!  Way to go!

> Emacs has also become my friend along with the "Learning GNU Emacs" book
> by my side.  I can't believe I was holding onto Home Site for so long
> after seeing what Emacs can do.  I used to edit my sites using Home
> Site, FTP them to the server and then copy them into my directories, now
> I edit live if I need to.

Yes, Emacs isn't for everyone, but once you find a use for it, it's hard
to switch to anything else.  I've actually started using XEmacs for
authoring (I write in DocBook XML), and I added a handy plug-in that
adds extra menus for my DocBook tags and commands.  I've even learned
some of the keyboard shortcuts and have been using my mouse less, which
is always easier on my wrist!

Good luck!

Tabatha

--