[Techtalk] Beyond personal -> large scale Linux usage

Scott scott at scottah.com
Mon Aug 12 11:47:22 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 11:39, Katherine Spice wrote:
> This sounds to me like it *could* be DNS. I had a similar problem
> recently, while trying to connect to a server via telnet or ftp - it

Hi Katherine-

Thanks for the idea, but that was one of the first things we checked out
and by running iptraf we could see the box was reaching the DNS servers
just fine, there was something else causing the pause.  It has not been
resolved, even with some help from an engineer at Mandrake.

The strangest thing is, the same box running Suse 8 did NOT have the
same problems.  I have a duplicate box now that I am installing Suse 8
on and will test again.

-Scott