[Techtalk] "I need to use Windows because ..."

Scott scott at scottah.com
Sun Aug 11 13:51:10 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 13:15, Mick Timony wrote:
> I don't want people to think I beating on WMP but it's an entirely
> proprietary format and will mainly work only on Windows system. I'd also
> suspect that mp3 sounds better than WMP. In testing WMP and Winamp using
> mp3's I felt that Winamp sounded better than WMP, which would lead me to
> suspect that mp3 would sound better than wmp's.

I work for a radio station and we would never think of using WMP or
Windows Media encoding for our music or commercials.  The sound engineer
put everything to the test and found that MP3 was by far the best audio
quality for the needs of the station.

Another thing that concerns me is the fact that in XP if you use WMP to
play a DVD that information is sent to MS who admitted it and said they
are not sure what they are going to do with the information yet.

-Scott