[Techtalk] Re: Techtalk digest, Vol 1 #669 - 13 msgs

Mick Timony madra at gis.net
Sun Aug 11 13:22:11 EST 2002

You can get transgaming version of Wine from free from CVS. Here how:

 $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex
login
Hit Enter when prompted for a password

cvs -z -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex co
wine

Then:
cd wine; ./configure; ./tools/wineinstall

This includes most of the transgaming code except for the proprietary
bits that they need to allow encrypted CD's to works.

I tried to install the Wine source from scratch but configure always
bails out on some error.

Nice e-mail address Beth: linux.chick at verizon.net

:)

Luck