[Techtalk] "I need to use Windows because ..."

Poppy sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Sat Aug 10 22:03:38 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-08-10 at 14:12, Akkana wrote:
> Megan Golding writes:
> That was one of my last few windows uses too!  xcdroast is a little
> rough in the UI, but in terms of actual functionality it turns out
> that it works better than the windows burning software I had been
> using.  gToaster and eroaster both have somewhat nicer UIs, and I've
> been experimenting with them lately (they look more like the windows
> software, which means they give a little less control than xcdroast
> does but they have an easier interface for the specific case of
> mirroring a few hard drive directories onto a CD).  Setting up
> the kernel to recognize an IDE burner used to be hard, but modern
> distros handle that nicely.

Anyone have experience setting up an IDE burner in Mandrake 8.1 who
wants to tell me how easy/hard it was?  *grin*

I've looked at the directions a while back, decided that as little as I
burn cds, I can just reboot into windows - it's easier. but I'm rapidly
approaching the point where my windows partition needs to be
reinstalled. The less I have to deal with theincreasing instability, the
happier I'll be.

--Poppy

--
Poppy,