[Techtalk] Introduction

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Sun Aug 11 11:14:22 EST 2002

Guess I'd better actually introduce myself...
I'm an old Unix hand, having used Unix since second-year Uni (that would
be... 1985 I think) and Linux since 1995 (according to the Linux
Counter).  My first Linux system was Slackware (the only one I could
find back then) and then I moved to RedHat (oh, so much easier to set up
and upgrade!) and then most recently to Debian (oh, so much more stable
and even easier to upgrade).
Been on the net since 1988.  There was no World Wide Web then, just
email and news... and no such thing as SPAM.

Bachelor of Science, Hons. (Comp Sci.) at The University of Queensland
(our Honours year was very unusual -- not only was it large (20 people)
but there were actually *four* women in it, including me...)

I earn my bread programming computers.  C/C++, X, a few other things.
I program Perl for fun.  See some of my tools at
<http://www.katspace.com/tools>

I'm an SF fan and I hate Star Trek.  (Sorry, usually when people find
out I like SF, they immediately assume I'm a Trekkie).
I have other artistically creative hobbies which I don't do enough
because I spend too much time in front of my PC... 8-)

I'm an Australian, but we travelled a lot when I was a kid.

Kathryn Andersen