[Techtalk] Website Building Program For Dummies (me)

andi sandypnts pnts at decry.org
Thu Aug 8 13:00:42 EST 2002

i use 'moveable type', a weblog content management system to run
decry.org...

i just put it up a few weeks ago, and am still tweaking the layout, but it
is a great way to get a website up and running quickly.  moveable type
comes with many templates, and of course, you can customize your own.
weblog does not necessarily mean online diary i have come to find out.
i'm still not quite sure of the differences between the two, but from what
i can tell blogs contain a) way more links b) generally tend to be part of
a certain blogging community and c) aren't as personal and self-oriented
as an online diary might be.

that being said, weblog software is a good way to go when putting up a
site.  you do not need to use it like a blog/diary, nor does it have to be
laid out in that style.  messing around with various templates in order to
customize a weblog system to your personal tastes is also a good way to
become more familiar with html/javascript/css/etc, without having to dive
in head first and do it all from scratch.

just a couple pennies on the subject...

andi