[Techtalk] thanks for all the help!

Val Henson val at nmt.edu
Fri Aug 2 16:01:39 EST 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 12:50:22PM -0400, Sam Bradshaw wrote:

> hell overnight.. Also it would be nice to know how to figure out a way how
> to hack into these horrible cult members machines that are trying to get
> into my machine (actually got in several times before the personal
> firewall).

Several people have responded to this part saying "Please don't do
this," but I'm going to respond a little differently.

Techtalk is not the appropriate place to ask for help breaking into
other people's computers.  The culture around here does not think that
this form of hacking is "cool" or laudable.  The kind of hacking our
culture does think is "cool" involves kernels. :) You may do as you
will, but please don't discuss breaking into other people's machines
on this forum.

Speaking as someone who used to think breaking into other people's
machines was cool,

-VAL