[Techtalk] Re: Techtalk digest, Vol 1 #472 - Gnomba

Marian Routh malke at attbi.com
Mon Apr 29 15:50:13 EST 2002

On Monday April 29 2002 2:42 pm, techtalk-request at linuxchix.org wrote:
> From: "Ralph Miranda" <dragonhawk007 at hotmail.com>
> To: techtalk at linuxchix.org
> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:47:51 -1000
> Subject: [Techtalk] Losing Gnomba Server Connections
>

> I'm able to hook up Gnome Samba Browser and connect to my LAN... but
> the minute I shut down the browser.... everything disconnects and I'm
> unable to search through out LAN using Nautilus....  I also tried to
> activate Gnome Samba Browser (which was successful) then open up
> Nautilus to see what was happening..  I was still unable to check
> into the LAN system.  It worked great in Mandrake 8.1   but it
> doesn't work in  Mandrake  8.2

Hi - from the above post, I gather you are using Gnome.  I'm using KDE
w/SuSE 8.0, and there is an app called LinNeighborhood, which is just
like Windows' Network Neighborhood.  You have to be able to sign on as
root (maybe it can be configured otherwise, I haven't really played
with it), but it does work very well.  Don't know if its window mgr.
specific.

HTH & Cheers,

Marian
--