[Techtalk] printer help needed

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Apr 29 21:15:07 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 15:20, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:41:37 -0700 (PDT) Conni
> <ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net> wrote:
>
> > I rebuilt the rpm database, and the uninstalling worked.  Joy.
> >
> > But I'm still interested in finding out how to run lpr and cups at the
> > same time. :)
>
> Installed Mandrake 8.2 :-)  It's much more end-user oriented than RH.

Hey :-)! The Red Hat Skipjack beta (as the upcoming release) contains
"alternatives" which does exactly that. For starters, you can install
LPRng along with CUPS or sendmail with postifx and switch easily between
them.

OK, enough advertisement,
Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg //
+49.7152.209647
nils at fht-esslingen.de
        Ever noticed that common sense isn't really all that common?