[Techtalk] Re: Techtalk digest, Vol 1 #429 - 1 msg

Caitlyn Martin caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 6 14:15:22 EST 2002

Hi, David,

Are you wrapping SSH?  I know Red Hat, for example, does so by default.
I don't know about Debian.  If so, is the machine trying to connect in
the /etc/hosts.allow file?  Do you have an /etc/hosts.deny file?  I know
I generally block everyone in my /etc/hosts.deny file  and then allow
specific IP addresses or address ranges in /etc/hosts.allow.  If a
user's IP isn't specifically allowed they will get a "connection reset
by peer" message.

Your logs also seem to indicate that SSH keys are set up, and that there
may be some sort of authentication failure.

HTH,
Caity