[Techtalk] Linux Professional Institute

nicoya helm rubyqubit at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 15:05:13 EST 2001

Actually, one of the women active in one of my local
LUGs works for LPI and so I've seen perhaps more
discussion of their certifications on that list that
normal.  I've heard mostly good things.

The obvious place to start is with the 101 and 102
exams, because they're going to show a specific level
of all-round linux knowledge to potential employers.
With regard to how to go about studying for the exam,
I guess it really depends what kind of a learner you
are.  KULUG and KCLUG (my locals) recently discussed
getting together a certification study group, and the
LPI certs were the top choice as far as study track.
Although the idea seems to have died, I know I would
be much more likely to try for certification if a
group like this became available in my area.

~~~Nicoya...