[Techtalk] RH 7.2/KDE

Lee Blackwell lee_blackwell at eur.3com.com
Mon Oct 29 18:48:39 EST 2001

> I did actually go out to kde.org and get a fresh new batch of the
> packages, then rpm -Uvh --force'd them. Same as before. It does seem very

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but why did you need to --force them?

Personally I'd only use --force as an absolute last resort, so maybe the
force has broken something, or the KDE is dependent on a missing RPM?

I know you said the builds were similar, but I'm guessing that an install
was slightly different, or perhaps a package installation failed.

Lee