[Techtalk] Slackware 8.0 and pop mail

Jennifer Davis jsd at jenn.ca
Mon Oct 29 03:39:10 EST 2001

Hi....

Just when I think I have things mastered, I prove myself mortal.  I
recently managed to upgrade my server to Slackware 8.0 from 7.0.  I played
with Red Hat and couldn't figure it out, and couldn't even get debian
installed so I went back to what was familiar.  Anyhow, I am no longer
able to pop my mail.  At first I thought it was a firewall issue, and
after messing with the firewall, I figured that I was not running pop3.
What do I need to run pop3?  I assume it's a daemon that I just need to
turn on....

Thanks again

Jenn