[Techtalk] Robust link checker?

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Mon Oct 15 12:26:10 EST 2001

Heya --

	Posting a question for a friend of mine -- I couldn't help her,
but I'm hoping someone else can.

	She has recently taken on Webmistress duties for a large and
robust site (http://www.pbs.org).  She's looking for a link checker
program that can run through the site and give her a list of broken
links so that she can fix them.  The problem is, there are hundreds of
thousands of links on the site, and all the programs she's tried so far
have crashed, unable to handle a site of that size.

	Anyone have any favorites or recommendations for her?  It can
run on either a Linux or a Windows platform.

	Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Raven

"A stockbroker, an anarchist journalist, a tech-culture author,
 an organic gardener, many female programmers, a million
 journalists... and a kitten breeder."
  -- on the various people that have contacted me re: DefCon