[Techtalk] AisleRiot

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Oct 9 23:48:07 EST 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:54:56PM +0200 or thereabouts, Sunnanvind Briling Fenderson wrote:
> What happened to AisleRiot? Why did it disappear? I still have the
> game (through debian), but I can't find any information about it
> anywhere. Even though I've got a general dislike for computer
> solitaire (get a real deck of cards), I digged AisleRiot's way of
> scheme-based cards. Just like Microsoft Windows included solitaire for
> the main reason to make people practise the use of a mouse, I figured
> AisleRiot was a gnome way of teaching scheme.

Well, I have a friend who learned Scheme by writing a new layout for
Aisleriot (the 'maze' one) so I think you're right there :)

It hasn't gone anywhere. It's still a part of Gnome, and very popular.
What kind of information are you looking for about it? Do you mean
programming information, or that /usr/share/[docs|gnome/help]/* has
gone, or what?

Telsa